- Tree Survey for Interplan, LLC, Sunrise, Florida, 2008
- Tree Survey for Interplan, LLC, Davie, Florida, 2008
- Tree Survey for Interplan, LLC, Tampa, Florida, 2008
- Historic Tree Preservation Plan, BayPointe Homes, 2008
- Development of Tree Protection Standards for Flagler County, 2008
- Tree Survey for Interplan, LLC, Wesley Chapel, Florida, 2007
- Historic Tree Preservation Plan, Viscomi-Hansard Homes, 2007
- Historic Tree Preservation Plan, John-Knox Village, 2007
- Tree Survey for Interplan, LLC, Jacksonville, Florida, 2006
- Urban Forestry Survey for the Town of Ponce Inlet, 2007.
- Threatened and Endangered Plant Survey: St. Lucie County, 2007/2008 – Site evaluations for a dredge
disposal site for Taylor Creek.
- Hazardous Tree Survey Evaluation, Orange City, Florida. 2006. An assessment of this Central Florida City’s
tree health and threats to the public.
- Gopher tortoise relocation survey, Caper Development, 2006.
- Florida Scrub Jay Survey, Caper Development, 2006.
- Historic Tree Preservation Plan, Port of Call Development, 2006
- Mangrove Mitigation oversight – City of Flagler Beach. 2005.
- Wetland, tree evaluation, & environmental planning reviews, City of Flagler Beach, Fl
- Coastal Foredune Enhancement – Project Manager, City of Flagler Beach, FL. 2005. Florida Department of
Transportation Highway Beautification grant, enhancement of coastal vegetation along S.R. A1A.
- Tree Assessment and Health Survey, Port Orange, FL. – InterPlan, LLC Commercial Development Specialists.
- Tree Evaluations for the City of Port Orange – Madeline Road Project, 2005.
- Tree Assessment and Health Survey, Ponce Inlet, FL. – PDE, Inc. 2005.
- Certified as an Expert Witness on Coastal Plant Communities, Brevard County. 2004. Testimony in defense of
coastal property rights and use dispute.
- Review of plant materials and potential for contract development and for FDOT Projects, Skinner’s Nurseries,
Bunnell, Fl. 2004.
- Turkey Creek Sump Dredging Project – Project Biologist, 2003.
- State Road 520 and 404 Causeway Shoreline Protection for FDOT District 5 (Brevard County), Project Biologist,
- Ground Truthing of Remote Surveyed Ecosystems on the Disney Wilderness Preserve, Graduate Research
- Threatened and endangered species survey, The Laurels on Lake Angelina, Tangerine, Florida, Project
- Assessment of Nine Maritime Hammocks in East Central Florida for their floral Diversity. 1998. University of
Central Florida Master’s of Science Thesis. 100 pg. description of the change of these hammocks from a
identical study 20 years ago.
Spence, D.J, J. Weishample, J. Stout, and W. Taylor. 1998. Composition and Change of
Maritime Hammock Flora in East-Central Florida After 20 Years. Master of Science Thesis,
Department of Biology, University of Central Florida, 100 pp.
Spence, D.J. 1996. Vegetation Monitoring of a Sandhill, Colby-Alderman Property,
Lake Helen, FL. Volusia County Technical Report. 25pp.
May, P.G., T.M. Farrell, S.T. Heulett, M.A. Pilgrim, L.A. Bishop, Don Spence, A.M.
Rabatsky, M.G. Campbell, A.D. Aycrigg, & W.E. Richardson. 1996. The Seasonal
Abundance and Activity of a Rattlesnake (Sistuarus milliaris barbourii) in Central
Florida. Copea 389 - 400.
Johnson, S., D.J. Spence, and G. Lycan. 1996. A Walking Tour of the Stetson University
Campus Flora. Stetson University Press 25 pp.
Spence, D.J. 1995. Coastal Dune Plant Materials Nursery Handbook, Volusia County
Technical Manual. 62pp.
Spence, D.J., L. Bishop. 1994. The Adaptive Significance of Mucilage in the Aquatic
Plant Watersheild, Brasenia schreberi. Florida Academy of Sciences Vol. 57, Sup. 1.
Native Florida Landscapes, LLC
Click here to email us
or call 386.235.0404
Tuskawilla Park survey project